Our team at Kempe works to prevent child maltreatment and to help improve the lives of children and families who experience the trauma of abuse and neglect.
How do we do that?
- Through the Child Protection Team at Children's, we provide expert diagnostic amd clinical supports to begin the process of healing children who have been abused and neglected.
- Through the Child Welfare Training System, we offer state of the art training to caseworkers in every county in Colorado whose job it is to keep children safe and insure their well-being.
- Through our work with Colorado's Office of Early Childhood we put in place prevention supports for at risk families through our Safe Care Program.
- Through the Fostering Health Futures program, we provide structured mentoring and group-based skills training to promote healthy youth development and reduce trauma-related symptoms and behaviors with preadolescent children in out-of-home care.
- Through ECHO-CAN, we give health professionals the opportunity to be part of a community where experts and peers share knowledge and experience using technology, not proximity to connect on child maltreatment issues.
Preventing child maltreatment and helping children and families who need help is a team effort. Even though our team is large, the problem is the largest single public health issue affecting children.
We need the help of everyone who cares about who children fare in our world.
I invite you to join our team and support the work of the Kempe Center.